Saturday, November 20, 2010

alaskan memories to be thankful for


Because its almost thanksgiving. Being thankful is always in mind. I am so incredibly thankful for Alaska, and how blessed I was to live there. I met SO many amazing people who LOVE God and LOVE his creation, and most importantly are SUCH good friends. This picture was taken in 2006, my best friend Valerie Kirk and I hiked up a mountain by Girdwood, oh my gosh was it beautiful! I remember saying... "Val it is SO hot up here!" She said... "yeah this is the part of our hike where we go Sports bras," I was like "really"? =) But it really was hot, and SO worth it. I learned to listen to her, through gymnastics and volleyball twice a week. I have had so many good memories in Alaska, it made up my childhood, memories like... Going to Solid Rock for a week over the summer with Hillary, oh man those horses were NUTS? and memories that kept me up till 2 am DAYLIGHT? =) such a cool place, and memories sitting around the TV when it was WAY to cold to be outside, memories being with my mom in our kitchen on the middle floor with the sun peeking in from the inlet, beaming into the kitchen while we made cookies, and other  things. Memories picking up my dad from the airport, after a long two weeks on the slope, and the smile he had, it was like he hadn't seen us for a year, SO happy, and i was ALWAYS ready to get him. Memories of skiing down HUGE mountains with my family, and MOST definitely not able to keep balance. Memories of hanging out with the Hitz's, around the dinner table, eating and laughing like the night would never end. Memories of Staying up till 2 in the morning reading my bible that I having sitting in my dorm room on the shelf right now. Used and brutally loved. Memories of my brother and sister's friends coming over, and loving on them. Memories of laughs and giggles till bedtime stories couldn't keep a sleeper awake. I am so thankful for Change Point and how all my church family was committed to a wild crazy journey of radical love for Christ. Spurred on by Dan Jarrell and Karl Clausen. Memories of Keith Lauwers, leading my Grandpa to Jesus, just before he left this earth. Memories of Grace Christian, and my closest friends, having so so so much fun, loving God together, laughing SO hard it hurt. I am so thankful for Alaska. So many memories. God is so good. I forget how good he is sometimes.

 "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing  
with thankfulness."
                                                   Colossians 2:6-7
                                                              <3

No comments:

Post a Comment